Transactions download with Payee in Memo field

Options
studpup
studpup Windows Beta Beta

Camden National Bank (direct connect)

I have one bank that downloads successfully but puts the Payee data into the Memo field, so

The result looks like this:

Looking in the OFX log, the data that should be in the Payee column "<NAME>" is being downloaded in the Memo column by mistake.

<STMTTRN><TRNTYPE>POS</TRNTYPE><DTPOSTED>20240227</DTPOSTED><TRNAMT>-0.12</TRNAMT><FITID>C6789C9A651D91BB86229DF8A6839BD0</FITID><MEMO>CHEVRON 0375780 DBT CRD 1308 02/26/24 89189894 ATLANTA GA

Also I tried changing it to EWC and that works very poorly, since with no payee column, it thinks most transactions are duplicates and I spend a lot of time "Making New".

Is this something I can fix, or seek advice from Camden National Bank, or Quicken? Thx everyone.

wags Glad to be here!

Comments

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you don't like this behavior, in that register go to Actions (CTRL-SHIFT-N) > Edit Account Details > Online Services and tick "Don't Update memo when downloading".

• studpup
    Options

Well I need the information, just in the Payee column instead of the Memo column. I'll try that for tomorrow's download and see if it moves the data into the correct column. Thanks!

wags Glad to be here!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The bank needs to separate the Payee Name from the Memo field and download it in a separate <NAME> field.

However, until they do, using Renaming Rules you should be able to set up a rule named,
    e.g., "Racetrac Gas Station" "if payee contains" "racetrac"
    The download process combines Payee Name and Memo into one search string when processing Renaming Rules.

Ultimately, the bank needs to fix that for you and provide a meaningful Payee Name, to make things easier for their customers.

• studpup
    Options

"Customer Service

2/29/2024 - 4:39 PM

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out! We recommend reaching out to Quicken for assistance. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If we can be of any additional assistance, please let us know.

Kindly,
    Steph"

wags Glad to be here!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As usual, level 1 bank customer support passes the buck.

In reality, if this is going to get fixed, you'd need to talk to some upper level bank tech support person who knows about the interface to Quicken. If they start looking into it and need help, they should have a contact number to call Intuit (the service provider) for assistance. They can point them in the right direction.

You also need to contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation to get the ball rolling from this end. Just posting here in the Community is not enough.
    Depending on the connection method used, Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Web Connect, Quicken Support should be able to help … but it may take a long time to get a fix …

This discussion has been closed.