Quicken. Unable to download from Bank of Montreal.

Options

This hasn't worked properly since Feb 7.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Counterwgt,

What exactly is occurring? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What is your connection method with Bank of Montreal? Did this issue begin after a recent update to your Quicken application?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly what is occurring is described in full detail in this thread:

The better question is why is nothing being done to address the issue?

The two problems that have been well documented persist:

• Duplicates of each transaction are being downloaded. Once as a pending transaction and once as a posted transaction.
    • The server activates Multi Factor Authentication for every One Step Update; the server does not become a trusted devices - like it used to.

I am extremely unhappy with the fact that this ongoing, well document, severe impact problem has not been addressed. Even worse, no update has been provided.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

Adding to my comments above, I have now also determined that downloading from BMO with Express Web Connect is also suffering from the problem that so many other users are reporting about various financial institutions: random transactions are missing from the download. Like other users have indicated, I was able to fetch the missing transactions by running a Web Connect session.

• Counterwgt
    Counterwgt Member
    Options

I am using R54.17, build 27.1.54.17.

When I use the One-step update the system shows …

Then defaults to the home screen. No transactions are processed.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

In this case, please try this and report back…

Try creating a brand new Quicken file (not just a new account, but an entirely new file) as a test. You can go back to using your normal file after you do this test. Try setting up the account for download in the new test file. Does it download any transactions or does the process abort without downloading transactions as it does in your main file?

• Counterwgt
    Counterwgt Member
    Options

Hi Arctic Hare,

Yes, setting up a new file worked.

It connected to the bank, prompted for a one-time ID twice, then downloaded my current accounts.

Does this mean my old Quicken file is no-longer viable?

Thanks,

Dave

• Arctic Hare
    Options

In that case, I would attempt the following in your old/original Quicken file:

• disconnect the Express Web Connect connection for the problem account(s)
    • close Quicken
    • restart Quicken
    • reconnect the Express Web Connect connection for the account(s) that you disconnected.

• Counterwgt
    Counterwgt Member
    Options

Hi,

I had never setup the Express Web Connect function, but when I did that, restarted Q, ran the One Step update, all accounts synced up the way they used to.

Thanks for your help.

D

This discussion has been closed.