In Quicken/Mac can Reports include info from "Edit Details" fields?

Options
JoSheem
JoSheem Member ✭✭
edited March 30 in Reports (Mac)

Can Reports include info from "Edit Details" field that I can access when I'm entering the transaction? Is the only way to access that information to open each transaction one at a time?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Could you be more specific about what information you're seeking to have in the reports?

In a Transaction report, are you aware you can click View > Columns to add (or hide) whatever fields you want to your report?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoSheem
    JoSheem Member ✭✭
    Options

Perfect - thank you @jacobs! I did not know that showing the "Memo/Notes" column is what I needed to do. My excuse is that the "Memo/Note" field that appears when you click on "Edit Details" is not a "column". But I get that the info can appear in a column!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In a database, it's called a field, and every transaction is a record. A field can be shown as a single instance, such as when you Edit Details or a single transaction (record), or can be shown in all selected records, in the form of a column any account register or report. Quicken, wanting to be user-friendly doesn't use those terms, but that can sometimes cause confusion of its own. 😀

I'm glad it was a simple a fix as that!

For what it's worth, there are a lot of us who think the Memo/Notes field (column) should appear by default in new registers and new reports, and users could hide it if they don't want it. The developers apparently think the opposite is preferable, so it's never shown by default and we have to add the Memo/Notes column in registers and reports.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.