Importing transactions into Quicken--Payee Mislabeled often

Options
gdmack
gdmack Member ✭✭

When I download my transactions from Bank Of America, often they are imported into Quicken totally incorrectly. Usually when it is imported incorrectly, the name of the Payee tends to be "Reliastar," even though I no longer have any payees by that name, though I once did. Today my transaction to pay my Chase Card got imported as "Reliastar" even though it should have been "Chase." Same for my Wellcare Prescription plan payment. Instead of importing as "Wellcare," it imported it as "Reliastar." How do I fix this?

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@gdmack - first check to see if "Reliastar" is in your memorized payee list. If not, then check to see if you have "Automatically apply Quicken's suggested name to payee" check marked under Edit→Preferences→Downloaded Transactions. Uncheck this option and see if the mislabeling continues.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

The other thing to check is your Renaming Rules to see if Reliastar is attached to any downloaded payee name.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please note that the memorized payee list doesn't have anything to do with changing the payee's name.

Changing of the payee's name is handled by the payee renaming rules, and if there isn't one of them and "Automatically apply Quicken's suggested name to payee" is selected Quicken MIGHT change the name using its rules (if it isn't selected then it is only the renaming rules).

Once the payee's name is "decided" then that name is looked up in the memorized payee list to determine the category/tag… for the transaction.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.