Quicken doesn't post stock transfer of account from Chase to Schwab (edit)

Options
leonard kearney
leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
edited April 12 in Investing (Windows)

i moved an account from chase to schwab, Schwab shows the transactions, quicken doesn't

schwab transactions

quicken

Q R54.16 windows 10

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • leonard kearney
    Options

a very thoughtful commentary, thank you.
    I had not mentioned that the account I was transferring out of (chase account) was a summary level only account. I initiated the transfer from chase

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is a "summary level only account?"

What you're showing as coming out of the Schwab site doesn't seem to have any relationship to the Quicken information. Are you comparing two different Accounts here?

• leonard kearney
    Options

Thanks for responding. I had 2 brokers, Schwab and Chase, multiple accounts at both. I consolidated into Schwab. In quicken, the Schwab account setup was full detail (shows all history). The Chase account was setup as summary - no history, only shows balances. I did nothing in quicken to move the accounts; all was done through the brokers.

The Schwab transactions show the security being added into the schwab account (history record) on 1/8. The quicken history, for the same time period does not show the ads transaction.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"The Chase account was setup as summary - no history, only shows balances. "

Are you saying that the Chase Accounts in Quicken were using Simple Investing? What you've shown as "quicken" in your post looks to be Complete Investing - I'm seeing individual transactions - and the transactions show no relationship at all to what you've posted as "schwab" transactions so it does look to me like you're comparing apples to oranges here.

"I did nothing in quicken to move the accounts; all was done through the brokers."

Well you certainly have to do something in Quicken to reflect what's gone on in the real world. So what went on in the real world here? I'd think that each account at Chase "showed up" as a new account at Schwab, and if that's the case you have two choices:

1. Create new Quicken Schwab Accounts for each for each of the old Quicken Chase Accounts and in the old Accounts do "Shares Transferred Between Accounts" and "Cash Transferred out of Account" actions to populate the new Accounts. (I've never used Simple Investing but I assume this will work.) The results of these transactions should be confirmed via downloads in the old Chase Accounts, zeroing them out, and the positions added should be confirmed via downloads into the new Schwab Accounts. (Again, Simple Investing my create its own problems here and I'm not in a position to be able to talk about that.)
    2. Disconnect the old Quicken Chase Accounts from downloading, delete the Financial Institution and Account Number information in those Accounts, then do "Set up Now…" under Online Services to connect these Accounts to Schwab.

• leonard kearney
    Options

yes, the Chase accounts in Q used "simple" accounting. Schwab accounts use "complete" accounting.

The Schwab history transaction show the posting of securities being added to the Schwab destination account. My expectation was the Schwab QFX file would send an add transaction to Quicken.

The Quicken account history transaction list shows other transactions coming across for 1/8 - but no add transactions. example

"I did nothing in quicken" - i told chase to transfer three accounts to Schwab. I saw security withdrawals on the chase account and security adds in the schwab accounts. The chase withdrawals show in quicken, the Schwab adds do not.

Currently have a separate problem, quicken detached the online linkage. when i try to reset up online services it tells me it cant find Schwab.

believe today i need to fix this manually, please don't spend any more time on this. i am thinking that quicken is getting to be too much work.

• leonard kearney
    Options

refer to dale Kneivel

This discussion has been closed.