How do you connect a property to the automatic Zillow estimate in Quicken for Mac?

Options
adesalos
adesalos Member

How do you connect a property to the automatic Zillow estimate in Quicken for Mac?

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Right now you can't, Quicken Mac doesn't do that yet. It's a planned improvement but we don't know when it will be done.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• adesalos
    adesalos Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

thanks… bummer

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Right now you can't, Quicken Mac doesn't do that yet. It's a planned improvement but we don't know when it will be done.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• adesalos
    adesalos Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

thanks… bummer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@adesalos The question I ask about wanting a Zillow connection is: how frequently do you want to see an estimated, imprecise value for your home updated? I'd think for most people, once or twice a year would be enough. And making a manual adjustment entry in your home value asset account takes just a few seconds. So until the developers build in Zillow integration, you can achieve the same result by looking up your purposed home value on Zillow and manually entering an adjustment entry in Quicken.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • adesalos
    adesalos Member
    Options

liking for most automation to cover all my properties, real estate and auto; so I have a representative view of my net worth…

I don’t like the idea of manual adjustment

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

liking for most automation to cover all my properties, real estate and auto; so I have a representative view of my net worth…I don’t like the idea of manual adjustment

The only reason I raise that is that things like Zillow and Kelley Blue Book are just ballpark estimates of your property to start with, and minor changes on those sites are really meaningless because the estimates aren't precise. (Zillow is promised for Quicken Mac, because it's a longstanding feature in Quicken Windows; I doubt Kelley Blue Book integration is coming anytime soon.) And having Quicken integrate with Zillow would produce exactly the same results: an adjustment transaction to increase or decrease the account value. Doing it manually every six month takes about a minute to look up your current value and enter an adjusting transaction in Quicken. So I'm just saying there's no downside, other than a few minutes a year of your time, to doing it manually until/unless Quicken can do it automatically.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.