Getting an error dialog when trying to match downloaded transactions manually

Options
rlzack
rlzack Member ✭✭

The way I use Quicken is to have multiple accounts set up that all are part of a single bank account. I will often transfer money from one account to another (specifically from multiple of these accounts into my checking account), and then treat this as a split transaction. When downloading these transactions from my bank, the single transfer from savings to checking was actually multiple transfers in Quicken. When matching these transactions, I would "Match manually" and select multiple of the transactions to match. And all was good.

But today, when downloading my February transactions, I am trying to do the same thing. I can see 4 transactions in Quicken that don't match anything, and a single transaction from the bank. I want to Match Manually that single bank transaction to the 4 Quicken transactions, but when I click Match Manually, I get an error dialog, "There are no transactions to match". And I am stuck.

This has worked beautifully in the past, and something has broken. Any idea how to fix this?

You can see that the total of the downloaded transaction is the sum of the 4 open transactions!

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"When matching these transactions, I would "Match manually" and select multiple of the transactions to match. And all was good."

I certainly have no answer here, but it's astonishing to me and it makes no sense that Quicken would be programmed in that manner! Instead of using "Savings Goals" you've got multiple Accounts set up in Quicken for one checking Account and that worked? I certainly would never have thought it would.

Did you happen to update Quicken some time in February? Perhaps some programming slipped in, (and I used "slipped in" knowing that Quicken has a history of making changes to one part of the program that affects some other part of the program), that changed the behavior here? If you did update you could try stepping back to the prior release and see if that changes things.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stab in the dark, have you tried adding "c" to the transactions?

• rlzack
    rlzack Member ✭✭
    Options

@GeoffG - I did try adding "c" to the transactions, and that didn't change the behavior.

@Tom - I'm sure Quicken updated - it does that fairly regularly now, which I must confess is irritating at best. How can I revert to a prior release of Quicken? I've never tried to do that. Is it something that can be done from within Quicken? Or do I need to fuss with Windows?

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

@rlzack

You can "downgrade" by simply using a previous mondo patch. A Quicken SuperUser maintains a list of all issued patches here:

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

You simply download the version you want to downgrade to and run it.

Looking at this list

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes

Quicken didn't release an upgrade in February, but what isn't included on this list is "preview" versions Quicken leaks out in small batches to "test the waters" for an upgrade before it's officially announced.

ADDED: You should set your Windows User Account Control (UAC) so that you're asked if you want to upgrade Quicken. At least that way you're informed.

This discussion has been closed.