fonts and text blurry and out of proportion in 4k mode

Options
questionsforever
questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭

The main register text appears clear if compatibility mode is set to use the application dpi scaling, but the menu bar, menu bar text is cut -off, and some menu text in the left accounts bar runs wild. Also the + icon and most icons are wrong size (too small). If I use any other compatibility mode besides 'application' , like 'system', then the main register text is blurry and kinda chunky.

Tagged:

Comments

• questionsforever
    edited March 5
    Options

those files do not exist in my quicken directory. what now? The problem is your software does not work in 4k resolution, period. When will you fix? If you click application dpi override then the text is clear but the icons are tiny, the menu bar is cut off and the window frame buttons are too tiny..if you click system dpi override, the text is blurry but icons and frame are ok. System enhance makes column headers in investing tab disappear. You need to fix quicken to work with 4k dpi like excel, office, chrome , etc. All scale normally. Only quicken fails. And TurboTax too

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have more than 1 monitor?
    If so, does the suggestion made by Gregg107 help work around the problem?

AFAIK, the earliest one can get a version of Quicken is when a new version of Quicken is created with completely redesigned displays, panels, popup windows, popup messages, etc.
    When Quicken was created in the 1980s, 4k hi-res hadn't even been invented yet. Display terminals were text only. And then color terminals came along, with VGA and the Windows era began.

And please don't forget to send a comment to the TurboTax forum. The programmers at Intuit would probably like to hear from you, too.

• questionsforever
    Options

I only have 1 monitor. At 1080p was just fine. I switched to 4k via usb c displayport and this began. Has anyone tried a beta version to see if it fixes it? For now the solution is to use the system dpi override and suffer blurry fonts until they get it sorted , or use the entire monitor at 1440p resolution which seems to work better.

This discussion has been closed.