The "Date" column is missing in my "Itemized Categories Report" How do I get it back?

Options
DLMenzaSR
DLMenzaSR Member ✭✭
edited April 7 in Reports (Windows)

When I open an Itemized Categories Report, I find that the Date column is missing. This happens with both new and previously saved reports. When I open the "Customize" window, there is no column label for "Date". However, at the top of the list there is a checked box with no description where the "Date" line would normally be. See screen clip below. The "Date" column still appears in the PDFs of the previously saved reports.

The "Date" column is also missing from the various "Tax" Schedules.

I'm using Quicken Classic for Windows, Ver. R54.16

Tagged:

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You appear to be using the "old" customization window. See if this fixes the issue:

Go to Edit > preferences

Click on Early Access (at the bottom of the list on the left)

Check the box next to "Customize Reports"

This will give you the new customize reports window. Hopefully this will resolve the problem for you.

• DLMenzaSR
    DLMenzaSR Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your help, but it did not work. See the screen clip of the new customization window below. The "Date" line is still missing.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Click on Reset or Reset Columns at the bottom of the column list and see if that fixes it.

QWin Premier subscription
  • DLMenzaSR
    DLMenzaSR Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Jim. When I click the Reset button on the new customization window, the word "Date" appears in the top line of the "Show Columns" box. When I then try to Show Report, the date column is still missing from the report. When I go back to the new customization window, the word "Date" is missing again.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@DLMenzaSR - have you tried validating or super validating your data file?

Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. ChecK Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Super Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

After reopening Quicken after each validate, click on Reset in the Report Customization window and see if the Reset sticks.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you drag the border between the Date and the Account column to the left, to make it smaller?
    Based on the number of indentations needed for sub-sub-categories (up to 16 levels deep), the Date column needs to be wide enough to show dates, even at the lowest subcategory level. If the column isn't wide enough, the date won't print.

• DLMenzaSR
    DLMenzaSR Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jim, for your suggestions. Unfortunately, the Validation procedures did not solve the problem.

Thank you UKR. for Your suggestion, Changing the boarders was the first thing that I tried.

I am wondering if the size of the data file may be causing the problem. It has transactions going back to the year 2000. the data file is over 68,000kb. Does anyone have any ideas about that? I'll try looking for information on that.

• DLMenzaSR
    DLMenzaSR Member ✭✭
    Options

Excuse my error. Thank you to QuickUserPSP for the validation suggestions and to Jim_Harmon for the reset suggestion.

• DLMenzaSR
    DLMenzaSR Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you to all for your suggestions. The problem has disappeared, but I'm not sure why.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@DLMenzaSR - Glad it's fixed now. Sometimes you need to close and reopen Quicken for the fix to take place. Or sometimes you need to reboot your computer. Sometimes fixes are a discovery process.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem disappeared because Murphy left the house. He's now looking for another victim …

😃

This discussion has been closed.