Update to v7.6.0 and Investing has nothing in it

Options
jtjbt20x
jtjbt20x Member ✭✭

Like the subject says, I just updated to Version 7.6.0 (Build 706.52603.100) (Sonoma 14.3.1) and now my investing tab has no transactions or holdings. All of the accounts under the investing tab are fine, i.e., all transactions and holdings are there.

What's going on here? How to fix?

Comments

• msilver
    msilver Member
    Options

I am seeing the same problem. the individual accounts are find but the consolidated investment tab is nothing. Was fine before the update. The note says add investment data to see the dashboard.

Hopefully a quick fix is coming. I use this almost every day.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 6
    Options

@msilver Just out of curiosity, what happens if you do add a new investing account? Does it pick up all the existing investing accounts at that point, or does the investing dashboard only show the new account?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@jtjbt20x @msilver I guess I'm not seeing what you both are, or I'm not understanding. You're saying that that accounts in the sidebar are fine. And you can click on any account or sub-group (e.g. Brokerage or Retirement) in the sidebar, and the three tabs of Dashboard, Portfolio and Transactions appear correctly. But if you click "Investing" in the left sidebar, when you click on Dashboard, Portfolio or Transactions, there is noting in any of those tabs? That's not the case for me — all the data appears as usual in those tabs — so I wonder what's different in our data or what we're doing?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs yes, that is correct.

• nursefla88
    nursefla88 Member
    Options

I just updated to 7.6.0 and having the same issue. The "Investing" main category in the sidebar shows the total dollar amount of all investments but when you click on "investing" the window opens showing "This portfolio has no securities," rather than the previous securities showing for both retirement and brokerage accounts.

Clicking on "Retirement" also shows no securities, however, "brokerage" shows securities.

Fix please??

• nursefla88
    nursefla88 Member
    Options

I found the issue. With the update the "investing accounts" got changed to "savings accounts". Click on Investing, look up to make sure that "investing accounts" in chosen. Click on investing accounts and everything shows up again. 😀

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@nursefla88 Do you mean the "All Investing Accounts" pulldown on the Dashboard was changed to "All Savings Accounts"?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• nursefla88
    nursefla88 Member
    Options

The "all investing accounts" pulldown where "dashboard, "portfolio" and "transactions" are the options, clicking on "portfolio", the "all investing accounts was changed to "savings accounts" when I looked at it earlier. I changed to "investing accounts" and everything came back . However, when I look at the pulldown now, "savings accounts" is not an option, so must have been some glitch ..

• jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken tech support contacted me for more info…

• jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    Options

@nursefla88 you found the workaround, it works. It was also suggested by tech support.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

So was this just a one-time thing because of whatever accounts you had selected at the time of the upgrade? That is, once you change the filter back to Investing accounts, does it stay that way going forward?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken_ChrisC
    Quicken_ChrisC Employee ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello!

The 7.6.1 release contains a fix for this issue. Thanks so much to the people in this thread that helped us figure out what was going on!

Read on if you're interested in the gory details. TLDR, if you changed any account filters while using 7.6.0, double-check them after updating to 7.6.1

For each of the account filter pop-ups in Quicken, we store a number in the database to know which filter is chosen:

“All Accounts” = 1

“All Banking Accounts” = 2

“All Checking Accounts” = 3

etc

In 7.6, we added a new “account group” for Cash accounts, so we added a new filter option, so a new number.

But the code was changed in such a way that the new filter option took over an existing number (3) and changed the number for all the other options (greater than 3) to be 1 more than it was previously.

“All Investing Accounts” is supposed to be 6, but in the 7.6.0 release, 6 was interpreted as “All Savings Accounts” (and “All Investing Accounts” was 7).

Once we figured out what was going on, it was an easy fix (just change all the numbers back, and use a new number for the new filter option, lucky 13!)

However, it means that any account filter pop-ups that were changed while using 7.6.0 stored numbers in the database that are now off by 1 when interpreted by 7.6.1 or later.

So after you update to 7.6.1, double-check any account filter pop-ups that you changed while using 7.6.0 and make sure they’re set correctly.

• jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks!

• nursefla88
    nursefla88 Member
    Options

I just downloaded the "fix" to yesterday's issue. This time it changed "retirement" and "brokerage accounts" to "education" accounts. I changed back to the proper account setting (retirement or brokerage) and the securities appeared again, like they did yesterday when I did this.

• nursefla88
    nursefla88 Member
    Options

Just saw the Quicken employee answer. All good.

This discussion has been closed.