Itemized Tag Report has Category sort option, but doesn't show Category in report

Options
suepfister
suepfister Member ✭✭✭
edited April 7 in Reports (Windows)

Not sure if I'm missing something here, but when I run an Itemized Tags report from Spending, the report is correctly grouped by Tag, and defaults to sorting by Account / Date. In the Sort by drop down, there is an option to sort by Category, which you can select, however I don't see the Category shown anywhere in the report. Note that the Tag is shown twice, once as the group header, and again in the body of the report. But nowhere do I see the Category even though it is a Sort By selection.

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@suepfister the category will show if you expand the item (i.e. click on the "+"). You can also click on the "Expand All" button in the upper left above the "Date" Column".

• suepfister
    suepfister Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/QuickUserPSP I'm not seeing the Category even with everything expanded, and there is no heading for it on this (Itemized Tags) report. The headings are:

Date Account Num Description Memo Tag Clr Amount

The data is grouped by Tag, so the tag is shown both at the beginning of the group as well as in the detailed record for each group. But no Category.

I'm using Quicken Classic Premier.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you click on the gear at the top right of the report to customize it and check the Category box?

If there is no Category box, click on Reset or Reset Columns below the list and it should appear in the list of available columns.

A new feature of this report is that you can click on the little icon at the far right of the column headers and select the columns to display there as well. You can also reorder the columns from that menu.

Another new feature is that when the cursor is in a column header, a tiny gray X appears at the right side of the header. Clicking on the X or adjusting the column width to zero hides the column.

QWin Premier subscription
  • QuickUserPSP
    Options

@suepfister do your column headings look like this?

if not go to the little "register" icon that @Jim_Harman mentioned and then confirm that "Category" is checked.

If you do not see these options then you might be using the "older" "Customize Reports" and "Reports & Graphs Center". To use the new features, you need to click on Edit→Preferences→Early Access and then select the two options below:

• suepfister
    suepfister Member ✭✭✭
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/QuickUserPSP , https://community.quicken.com/profile/Jim_Harman , ok the combination of turning on Early Access (which I had turned off because of other issues) and clicking the Reset option seems to have done the trick. The Category now shows up in this report.

Thank you!

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@suepfister what I have found out is that if you turn on Early Access and then turn it off again, certain items seem to go missing. When I was doing some testing for your issue, I turned Early Access off and my drop-down sort options disappeared and the only way I could get them back was to turn Early Access on again.

This discussion has been closed.