iTrade - and other Canadian investment downloads into Quicken

Options
Deli
Deli Member

While it has been asked and somewhat answered, the answers put everything on the user and the financial investment company. What exactly is Quicken (Canada) doing to let us download financial account information into their product? That we can download many using Quicken on the Mac makes it seem entirely like an Intuit/Quicken issue, and that other software (legacy Mint, Moolamate etc) can has it seem like Quicken is not doing anything but taking Canadian subscription money for less and less value being provided. We should not have to turn to 3rd party tools to import data for a paid software or subscription even when that is an option (it isn't for iTrade). I don't mind pressuring my financial institutions, but the terms and arrangements required to get listed with Intuit are as opaque as mud, and I do not support forcing them to pay subscriptions when us users are already paying them - if my banks are paying and having to implement proprietary formats, there is a problem with Quicken.

I loved Quicken desktop, but it seems it is dying with no reason for me to use the subscription service.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Petition Itrade to sign the contract with Q/Intuit. That's the only way it's going to happen.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

Quicken is a software services business - as such, you pay to use the software AND services,
    and other financial companies contract with Quicken and pay to support their online downloading of transactions -

https://www.scotiaitrade.com/en/home.html

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.