How do I login to access this community?

Options

I would like to login to the community from another machine.

Currently me, tjp2oo6 is logged on here and can read and post.

On my other machine the community login takes me to a quicken login page.

The user I use here in the community is not the user I log into my quicken application with. There is financial and other PII in Quicken.

In the name of security! How does one get to the login page for the community and not Quicken?

Answers

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

the url is community.quicken.com

Go there and click the Sign In button. And then sign in with whatever account you want.

• tjp2oo6
    tjp2oo6 Member
    Options

That does not work.

The page comes up and asks again for my Quicken ID that makes my Quicken for windows work and get changed each year.

I do not wish to access the community from the computer that runs quicken, nor with the ID that is associated with my finances in Quicken.

Normally this machine is not connected to the internet. When I access the community, I have to leave the firewall open long periods.

How do I login to the community from another computer? Does that make more sense?

• tjp2oo6
    tjp2oo6 Member
    Options

Ok here goes.

On the other completely separate computer I went to Quicken.com and created the user here, tjp2oo6. When I did it forced a different type password.

Now on one computer I am in the community with tjp2oo6 password #1 and on this one logged in with tjp2oo6 password #2.

Assuming the login that has been cached on computer #1 is still cached? But I do see it a bit odd that quicken has made this level of complexity in the name of security while not securing it. Which that was why i did not want to use my Quicken ID for the app for the community in the first place. I did not want my finances associated with a public profile.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@tjp2oo6 go to "https://community.quicken.com/". In the upper right click on "Register" and then create your ID to access the Quicken Community. This way you will not be required to use your Quicken ID.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

seems to be an ongoing issue for you -

If you are paranoid about using your main Quicken ID for accessing the forum -
    just create a 2nd Quicken ID just for using the forum….. I have setup a Gmail email address just for using the Forum.
    and cookies will keep you logged into the forum - unless you have everything locked down in OFF mode.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• tjp2oo6
    tjp2oo6 Member
    Options

@ Ps56k2

Same idea, but not paranoid. I take calculated steps to maintain security of my accounts. Primarily not associating a cell number with anything. The phone and mail on the phone are isolated.

Maintaining security like this does include some extra steps, but is well worth it.

As for the login change to the community, support at the 650 number is completely lost. Is Quicken still a US owned company? I cannot quite place the accent of those at support. Very foreign, like the middle east. Once he was repeating the question I answered louder and got a lecture about who did I think I was to raise my voice. Sounded like a very islamic response. Very off topic, when asked why he would bring up such matters into a support call he hung up. It took a while for the second guy to figure out I needed to create a bogus quicken account to access the community.

Very difficult to trust support with your personal information.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@tjp2oo6 go to https://community.quicken.com/ and then in the upper right click on "Register" and then you should be able to create your ID just for the Quicken Community and not have to use your Quicken ID.

This discussion has been closed.