Investing Summary missing securities

Options
uconnjhd
uconnjhd Member ✭✭
edited April 6 in Investing (Mac)

The Investing summary suddenly shows "$0.00" value and now says "this portfolio has no securities" even though all the underlying accounts still show all the securities and values.

Just uploaded Version 7.6 for Quicken Mac.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It's a known issue, Quicken is already aware. Just select the pulldown that reads "All Savings Accounts" and set it back to "All Investing Accounts".

• uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member ✭✭
    Options

it was already set on "All Investing Accounts"

I changed it to "all retirement accounts" and then back to "All Investing Accounts" and the securities reappeared. Odd.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I don't know, but suspect this has to do with the change in version 7.6 breaking Checking out as a new sub-group in the left sidebar, where checking accounts were formerly included in the Cash sub-group. My guess is that while we see these names, each group and sub-group is actually represented in the Quicken code as a number — and when they created the new sub-group, it essentially pushed all the other numbers down by one. That's why some people report seeing "All Savings Accounts", which normally wouldn't be an option for investment screens, instead of "All Investing Accounts". Once you toggle the filter once, Quicken is using the current index numbers for each of these groups and sub-groups, and all is well. It might explain why some of us saw this and some didn't, since we might have left Quicken, prior to the update, set to view a different group in the Investing screens.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.