Extremely slow one step updates (Q Mac)

Options
Ragman8
Ragman8 Member ✭✭

I am on a Late model Mac using Quicken Classic Deluxe Version 7.6.1 (Build 706.52627.100). In the last week one step update has become extremely slow. To try and isolate the problem I began to do selective updates on individual accounts but that has not helped. Any suggestions?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Double check to make sure you don't have any report or account windows open behind the main Quicken screen. This is the number one cause of slow performance, and it's easily missed because the windows are hidden behind the main screen. Pull down the Window menu to see if there is anything under Sync Errors on that menu; if so, select and close those windows.

By the way, selective updates on individual accounts is usually a misnomer. If you select an account which has a Direct Connect connection, Quicken will update that account and any other Direct Connect accounts at the same financial institution; if you select an account which has a Quicken Connect connection, Quicken will update all your Quicken Connect accounts irrespective of financial institution. the developers actually removed the "Update Selected Online Account" menu option at one point because it doesn't actually do what it says, but there was outcry from users so they put it back. But due to the way Quicken's servers are programmed to work, it still doesn't do what it says. 😉

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ragman8
    Ragman8 Member ✭✭
    Options

Jacobs, Thank you for the quick reply. I did not have any other open windows and the last update took approximately 3 1/2 minutes. I am going to disconnect my accounts and re-connect one at a time to try and determine if it's one institution which is causing the problem.

• sfrolls01
    sfrolls01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OSU EXTREMELY slow today- 10 minutes at least. Once again problem is with Express Web Connect+ accounts. No problems with direct connect accounts

This discussion has been closed.