Wells Fargo Accounts are using different versions of Web Connect.

Options
Scotsman
Scotsman Member ✭✭

My Wells Fargo Checking account updates download via One Step Update using Web Connect +. However, Wells Fargo Savings updates must be downloaded by first accessing the website, using the old version of Web Connect. Previously, both accounts would automatically download through One Step Update. This is a work-around that is not that much of a problem because I only need to access Wells Fargo Savings manually at the end of the month. (Quicken for Windows, ver. 55.12, Windows 11).

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is NO "Web Connect+". Do you actually mean "Express Web Connect+", which is initiated via One Step Update from within Q?

Web Connect is initiated from your bank's website.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Scotsman is there an issue with your savings account that it cannot be updated via OSU along with the checking account? Otherwise, the savings account should be able to be updated via OSU. How many accounts do you have with Wells Fargo?

• Scotsman
    Scotsman Member ✭✭
    edited March 18
    Options

I only have two. Initially, both the checking and savings accounts would download via OSU. Now only the checking account will do so. Don't know what could have caused this to happen. (Quicken Deluxe for Windows, v. R55.15, Windows 11).

• Scotsman
    Scotsman Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I mean Express Web Connect (EWC) and EWC+. Sorry about not using proper nomenclature.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 18
    Options

@Scotsman - I would deactivate both accounts, and then reactivate them by "adding a new account" rather than reconnecting online services.

1. Make a backup of your data file.
    2. Deactivate both accounts by going into the Online Services tab in Account Details and clicking on "Deactivate".
    3. On the General tab, clear out the bank name and account number.
    4. Then go to "Add an Account". You either click on the "+" or go to the Account List and click on "Add Account".
    5. Enter your username and password when prompted. It will go through the authorization process and then bring you back to Quicken.
    6. When it gets to the Add Accounts screen where it lists the accounts found, you should see both the checking and savings accounts.
    7. Carefully link each account to the existing account on Quicken.
    8. Finish the process until it shows the "Accounts Added" screen.

You should then be connected with both accounts using EWC+

This discussion has been closed.