Combo Check # + Action

Options
Avi Dee
Avi Dee Member ✭✭
edited March 9 in Product Enhancements

One thing I miss from Quicken 2007 is that the “Check #” column also was “Action”, so that I could have an action like “PayPal” or “Venmo”. In modern Quicken those are two separate columns, but they’re never used at the same time and having both takes up a ton of space.

“Deposit” and “Payment” join in the “Amount” column, and you can make transfers in the “Category” column, so allowing joining of “Check #” and “Action” again would be so great.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From a programmer's standpoint and actually from a user's perspective I understand exactly why they didn't do this in Quicken Mac, and also why I would vote against something like this (even though I don't even use Quicken Mac).

The idea of sharing field is always tempting, but it always leads to problems.

Quicken Windows has the same Check # field reuse, and it definitely has led to sorting and other kinds of problems.

Another field that Quicken Windows uses for multiple purposes is the category field. And that has led to the "Transfers" being sort of a category, but not a category and the treatment in Quicken Windows is different in different places and doesn't work the way it should.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/