Changing Savings Goal Payees

Options

Dear Quicken Programmers,

Quicken does not allow me to change the Payee in any of the Savings Goal accounts.

Example: In my Savings Goal named Generator, I want to change the payee from Generac Generator to Backup Generator. The Find/Replace option only replaces the payee in the contribution account, i.e. Checking Account, but not the Savings Goal account.

The only fix action I have found, so far, is to delete each transaction going to the Savings Goal account with the corrected payee. I other words the Find/Replace option is useless in this case. I’ll have to do this to 29 transactions and counting.

Please find a solution to this problem.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Terry

Quicken user since 1989.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 10
    Options

@TB8246 is it not possible for you to go to the Savings Goal register and change the payee name there? I have no problem with changing the payee name in the savings goal register.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know what you are seeing, but from what I see @TB8246 is right you can't do it.

First off, if I do what you have suggested:

And here is the kicker, changing the payee's name on one side of a transfer doesn't change it on the other side. So, you can do what it says and get the payee's name in the Saving Goal account to change.

Trying it with Find & Replace and you will find that Quicken silently ignores that it can't change it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • QuickUserPSP
    Options

I am able to change it -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    Options

Quicken magic at play again. 😉

EDIT which can be read as, a bug that needs to be fixed. Certainly, the user should be able to change the payee's name, both in the saving goal account and in Find & Replace.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • QuickUserPSP
    Options

I think the trick is to access the savings goal account register via the Savings Goal set up in the Planning tab.

If I click on "Test Savings Goal", it takes me to the savings goal account register, and then I am able to edit the Payee Name.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited March 10
    Options

I figured it out. Here is the procedure for changing the Payee name in the Savings Goal register -

1. Change the Payee name in the funding account (checking account).
    2. Go to the Savings Goal in the Planning tab.
    3. Click on the name of the Savings Goal name on the widget.
    4. It will then take you to the Saving Goal register with the same Payee name you entered in the funding account (checking account).

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

What that means is, if you want to mass change payees. Change them all in the funding account first. Then click the Saving Goal name on the widget and then you will be taken to the Savings Goal register with the Payee names changed to what they were changed to in the funding account.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Chris_QPW and @TB8246 this is a workaround that I stumbled onto. At least it's easier than what you have been doing. But Chris is correct in saying it's still a bug.

• TB8246
    TB8246 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you everyone for your comments. I have found that there isn't any transaction or account in quicken that can't be corrected using the find and replace tool. Except for the Savings Goals. Sounds like solvable issue.

Sincerely, TB8246