Lost my Quicken

Options

Been using Quicken for years. Have 2015. Never any problems. Yesterday I went to sign on to enter some transactions into my account. I got a white screen with a whiter screen in the middle of it. And I haven't been able to get ANYTHING to work. All my accounts, commands, etc have disappeared. Even all my backups are gone. Except for the ones from yesterday and today which only give me the same white screen. I've even gone so far as to purchase the Quicken Classic app in hopes that somewhere in the download it would find and incorporate all my data. But I can't get it to run because when it gets to the 16 digit activation code I have to enter it says it will be in the purchase verification email they sent. But there is never an email to find it. And, yes, I've looked for the email everywhere possible. (spam, etc.) I'm worried that I'm just going to find another accounting software and try to reconstruct every thing I can. That would be an enormous project.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It sounds like you downloaded the Quicken installation file from Quicken.com, perhaps from https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it .

If I am correct, you might want to try uninstalling Quicken Classic. Then log into your online Quicken.com account. You can download the Quicken installation file there and it is my understanding that it will install already activated with no separate activation code needed.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.