Securities error

Options
Kidzfree
Kidzfree Member ✭✭

Hi All: Win 11 Home running Quicken Classic Deluxe V 54.17

Since I cannot download from my broker I set income reminders for all my Dividend paying stocks. This is my most recent error message, when i attempt to Add a new Income Reminder. "You already have a security with that name. If you are trying to enter a transaction for this security, try Record Transaction from an investment account. Otherwise, enter a different name."

My process is under Tools, Bill and Income Reminders; Add, then select or enter a new From "xx" To account; (I select one of my brokerage accounts); then I select Dividend and then the option comes up for Security (Optional). Since I like to speed up my quarterly or monthly dividend I would like to select the actual Stock Symbol. At this point when you enter the symbol or part of it, the Add security to Quicken window pops up and you search and select the actual Security Symbol. In my case since I already have this security used in other accounts, I get the above bolded message. This is the Security I need to enter and only makes sense to use this security that I own and not select another security. Please help and allow me to save entry time. Thank You .. Ken …. :-)

PS: I have already called Quicken support and they say the Canadian version will not allow me to do this. Now I would like to hear from other Canadian users or 2nd level Tech support on whether there is a work around or another solution. I have tried using groups to schedule monthly or quarterly dividends but you are only allowed 12 groups and I require more to complete all the dividend sequence with all my different accounts.

Comments

• CdRom
    CdRom Member
    Options

I am having the same issue, and was on Customer Support this morning and didn't get very far.

Does anyone have any solutions ??

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Kidzfree and @CdRom,

Based on the description of the issue, it sounds like what may be happening is the Add Security dialogue is coming up, then giving you an error because the security already exists. Is that correct? Are you able to attach a screenshot of the error message you are seeing? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

@CdRom,

Are you following the same process that @Kidzfree described? If not, could you please provide details on the process you are using?

I look forward to your replies!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg99
    Greg99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken has also just taken away the dividend update functionality on the Portfolio screen. On with help for over an hour today and finally told to contact broker because Quicken says its their server's problem. Interesting because I can't, and never have been able to link to Questrade for these data. It has always come from the Quicken stock quote update function.

Might be time for Canadians to abandon Quicken as we are under served for the cost.