Reauthorizing Chase accounts

dmhump1
dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭

I was prompted today to reauthorize my Chase accounts. The bank accounts are fine but for some reason it created a new account for my VISA card (with an XX) and downloaded a couple of years worth of transactions. My original account is intact but includes no new transactions.

I went through this last year when it switched to EWC and everything was working fine. I can't remember how this was resolved before but I do recall I spent hours trying to figure it out. I'm not happy to have to go through all this again. Is there a quick fix?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I think the you need to try to get the old account linked up.

What I would do is delete the new account, and deactivate the old account for downloading.

The select Tools → Add Account (or the + in the Account bar)

Go through the setting up an account, and reauthorize, and when you get back you should get the dialog for the linking of the Quicken accounts (the "Nickname" ones) to the online ones. Be really careful that each is linked to the proper account. The linked account might come up as "Don't Add" and that is fine, but of course you want to get this problem account linked properly.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you! That worked. Chat support wanted me to deactivate ALL my Chase accounts, essentially starting over. That made little sense to me — it might have accomplished the same thing but taken a lot of time and frustration, potentially screwing up the other accounts that were functioning normally. Glad I got your advice before I slogged through all that.

• dnjmaxwell
    dnjmaxwell Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Tried this repeatedly with no luck

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I suggest you start a new post (New Post from the top of this page) and state exactly what you are seeing, and what you have tried. As you can see, given the nature of such problems, what might look like the same problem might be a bit different for different people and need a different answer.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.