Quicken not allowing me to decide if the transaction is a TRANSFER

Options

Quicken used to allow me to decide if a new updating transaction was a transfer or not. It no longer offers this. This is KILLING me. I have my own category and account names for my credit card accounts. I have been using Quicken for 20 years.

If I correct Quicken's choice of the offsetting account it deletes the offsetting entry and I have to manually enter all the data. Quicken seems to have decided to make Quicken a double enter type system, which I don't want.

You can tell this by; if the category/account has parentheses ( ) around it. This means it is a Quicken decision and you can't do anything about it.

It worked Perfectly before they changed this! Quicken - Please let me decide HOW I want my Data to be posted and stop making me do it the way you think I should want it.

Go back to giving me the option - Please.

Mike

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

If you click on Edit→Preferences→Transfer Detetion, how are your transfer detection options set? Check these settings and ensure it's set the way you want.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

Can you confirm that it is ( ) and not [ ] around an account name when it is a transfer? Parentheses are not used for transfers.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How are you entering your credit card transactions? Which transaction is coming in wrong? Your description isn't clear. What transaction should be a transfer? The only transfer should be the payment from your checking account (or wherever) to the credit card account. Are you splitting the credit card payment into all the categories?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.