Q throwing Installation message

Options

I have Quicken subscription on Windows 10. I keep my qdf file on my hard drive (C drive). This morning when I tried to open the qdf file I get "Please wait while Windows configures Quicken" and then "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. ... enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "Quicken.msi" in the box below." A search using the Windows search box finds no quicken.msi file on my PC. I also tried using a backup qdf-backup fle with the same result. How do I repair?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @david_garfield628,

I can see you are using R55.13. There is currently a known issue with that version of Quicken where double clicking on a QDF file prompts it to run install scripts. You can bypass this issue by opening your Quicken program first, then go to File>Open Quicken File and selecting the QDF file you want to open.

Thank you!

(CTP-9397)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right click on the icon that you're using to open Q and then click Properties.

What shows as the "Target type" and "Target"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @david_garfield628,

I can see you are using R55.13. There is currently a known issue with that version of Quicken where double clicking on a QDF file prompts it to run install scripts. You can bypass this issue by opening your Quicken program first, then go to File>Open Quicken File and selecting the QDF file you want to open.

Thank you!

(CTP-9397)

Quicken Kristina

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AFAIK, installing R 55.15 should eliminate that problem.
    Click Help / Check for Updates or download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• david_garfield628
    Options

Thank you all. I launched Quicken directly and this resolved the issue. I now have R 55.15.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear the issue is now resolved.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.