Quicken Reports: Need help on generating Online Balance mismatch with Ending Balance

Options

I am trying to generate a report on the accounts with mismatch between Online Balance and the Ending Balance so that I can focus on looking the issue and fixing it. I have to go through each account, make a note of the balances and then work on fixing it. A simple report generation will help a part of tedious manual workaround.

Quicken, can you add this need for a future release?

Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are there any future dated transactions in the account? Any past dated transactions that haven't yet cleared the bank?

Either situation will cause a mismatch between those two balances … because the Online Balance is only what the bank knows.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Karthic
    Karthic Member ✭✭
    Options

When quicken downloads online transactions, few entries do not come up that are not in pending category. I don't know why. That's one reason for the mismatch. Another reason is the one described. On both the situation, I have to go to the bank website and identify through visual inspection and fix it. I would like a report to focus on specific accounts rather than checking all the accounts.