Transaction Report Including Hidden/Extra Categories

Options
Tomara
Tomara Member ✭✭
edited April 16 in Reports (Windows)

I am trying to run a simple, one-category report. I chose all accounts/payees/securities, and select one category, "Employee:Supplies". When I run the report the result shows "Employee:Supplies" as well as "Entertainment:Travel:Events" and "Entertainment:Travel:Other" (both which are not hidden).

I return to my report settings to check the categories and even check to "Show (hidden categories)". Neither error category is listed. (huh?) I do a category search and neither show up and yet the report is still pulling the data from the one correct category and the two incorrect categories.

I pull up my complete categories list. Both the "Events" and "Other" categories are listed and shown as active (unhidden).

I also noticed that in my report category list, even though I have "Show (hidden categories)" unchecked, it is still showing hidden categories.

I've been using Quicken for nearly 30 years so I'm pretty sure I'm running the report correctly. Am I missing something or is this a Quicken glitch/error??? I will also submit a report to Quicken directly for this issue in case it is a programming glitch/error. Thanks for anyone who can help!

—Tomara

Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is probably caused by the new report customization interface. To use the old interface, you can click on "Switch back to the old interface" at the bottom of the customization window, as shown in your screen shot. You may need to restart Quicken for the change to fully take effect.

For good measure you can also disable the new buggy Reports and Graphs Center by going to Edit > Preferences > Early Access and un-checking both boxes.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.