checking account balance over $30k off after last update Quicken Classic Windows

Options

Before I started manually inserting payments in checking file, I downloaded last Update (3/16). Checklist list opens to scheduled payments for 1 account from 3/13 & earlier. I have force screen up & below I'm $32k richer in my checking account & this shows for years back. I don't download balances from bank but do my IRA which is at separate entity. I'm convinced it was caused by upgrade but what do I do? I backup-ed 1/1/2024. How do I reload that & reentered all activity? But then I have to download my IRA activity again.

Best Answer

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

@2817993017 - first try a Validate and Super Validate -

Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. ChecK Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Super Validate:

2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

After each validate finishes close and reopen Quicken and check the balances of your accounts.

Then, if both validate fail to correct your issues, then check the opening balance of your checking account and verify that it is correct. Sometimes opening balances get changed to a random incorrect amount with an update. If it is the opening balance issue, but the correct opening balance in the memo field so that it can be easily corrected if this ever happens again.

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

@2817993017 - first try a Validate and Super Validate -

Validate:

2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. ChecK Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Super Validate:

2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

After each validate finishes close and reopen Quicken and check the balances of your accounts.

Then, if both validate fail to correct your issues, then check the opening balance of your checking account and verify that it is correct. Sometimes opening balances get changed to a random incorrect amount with an update. If it is the opening balance issue, but the correct opening balance in the memo field so that it can be easily corrected if this ever happens again.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you've recently changed download methods into this account, Q MAY have changed the Opening Balance in the account.

Go back to the statement closest to when you setup the account in Q, and see what that OB should be. Alternatively, you can restore a backup (into a different name) and look there for the correct OB.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

2817993017 Member
    Options

Did the validate & then Super validate & the Super was answer for checking but screwed up my savings account! I went back to a backup file I did at New Year & reopened. I have the Bank statements to reinstall entries. Glad it is only 2 1/2 months!

2817993017 Member
    Options

Corrected the issues from the update in March & merrily went along recording my payments for April. Went in today to record more payments, upon opening there was an update. When it opened I paid my bills & when I was closing, it asked me if I wanted to save the Quicken in the Cloud. I said yes. Then an hour later I needed to go back in to add a payment & when I opened it up — it was messed up again. I went backed to my saved file on my computer & then had to reconcile March payments & then reentered April payments. Why does the Quicken updates mess up my records?