Can anyone at Quicken comment if QuicknPerlWiz is a Legitimate Site (or get Mondo Patches)?

Options

Hi Quicken Community (and hopefully some 'official' Quicken type person),

I need the latest Mondo patch for Quicken 2017… I found versions of it on QuicknPerlWiz dot com, and it seems to be signed by Quicken (I went for the second-to-latest 2017 update, as it was signed), and Windows Defender says no malware was found. Is this site a legitimate place to get old Mondo patches, since Quicken.com doesn't seem to have them?

Also, on a tangent, I found the following article super-helpful for getting Quicken 2017 installed on a new computer, since Quicken got very confused about my ID otherwise, even with a valid file (thankfully, I had access to the '.ini' file in the Quicken config folder in the 'ProgramData' folder on the old computer :) ):

Tagged:

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the QuicknPerlWiz site is legitimate, it is not a fake looking to harm you. It used to be that Quicken (when under Intuit) used to make the old patch update programs available on their own website, but they decided to not do that for some reason or other. It was at that point in time that QuicknPerlWiz along with numerous superusers on the forum got all of the official patches that we had kept for our own use together in one location and QuicknPerlWiz graciously stored them on some cloud storage space that he had. He has since updated it with all of the latest patches as they were released.

I suggest that you download the 2017 patches and store them with your 2017 installation program so that you have them in the future because the site might not be there in the future when you might need them again.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.