Norton Private Browser - downloaded QFX files do not open automatically in Quicken.

Options

Since I changed to the Norton Private Browser (from Chrome), when I download transactions for an account, the downloaded QFX file no longer opens automatically in the downloaded transactions area. If I manually locate the downloaded file and double click on it, the transactions appear as normal. I have tried going back to Chrome and downloads work normally. I'm pretty sure there is a setting in the Norton browser that is causing this, but I haven't been able to locate it.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is a question best asked of the Norton tech support website, we aren't experts on that piece of software.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jerrygossner
    jerrygossner Member ✭✭
    Options

I was just hoping someone might have already encountered and solved this. The Norton support people are difficult to talk to.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They may be difficult to talk to, but it is their software that you are having trouble with.

I looked and found this website: https://community.norton.com/en/forums

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jerrygossner
    jerrygossner Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. I'm still hoping some other community user who is familiar with both software products may have experienced and solved this issue.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@jerrygossner I am not familiar with Norton Private Browser, but the behavior you describe is typical for a VPN. I think this behavior is inherent in any product designed to protect your system. Are there any settings in that Norton product that will allow you to let an app or program bypass the VPN, similar to how you can allow an app or program through a firewall?

• jerrygossner
    jerrygossner Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the response. I have explored all the available setting in the Norton Private Browser and haven't seen one as you describe. The files are being downloaded correctly, but they don't automatically execute within Quicken to the downloaded transactions area. When I execute the QFX files manually, the transactions show up as desired.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe this feature is missing in the Norton Private Browser.
    See https://community.norton.com/en/forums/private-browser-settings

A call to Norton Support, to request this feature to be added might be in order.

This discussion has been closed.