Budget Print/PDF output question

Options
JoSheem
JoSheem Member ✭✭

Is it possible to print/export a pdf of a budget that will show the annual total budgeted amount for each Category item? When I output a pdf of my Budget I'm only getting the month-by-month Category breakdowns. What I want to do is create a pdf of a Budget that includes all of my spending in 2023, and shows the TOTAL ANNUAL balance for each Category. If it isn't possible (which would be very disappointing!) is there a way to export Budget data that I could open in a spreadsheet so I can see the annual total amounts per category?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can export a .csv file of the same budget that you can print — the month-by-month version. (Export is next to Print on the top right of the budget screen.) Open that in a spreadsheet and create a formula in a new column on the right side to sum each of the 12 monthly budget amounts.

That said, the developers have said they will — finally! — create a budget-versus-actual report with user-specified dates, and depending how flexible they make that report, it may give you a quick way to get what you want. But we're still waiting for this new functionality to arrive, and don't know when it will be released.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can export a .csv file of the same budget that you can print — the month-by-month version. (Export is next to Print on the top right of the budget screen.) Open that in a spreadsheet and create a formula in a new column on the right side to sum each of the 12 monthly budget amounts.

That said, the developers have said they will — finally! — create a budget-versus-actual report with user-specified dates, and depending how flexible they make that report, it may give you a quick way to get what you want. But we're still waiting for this new functionality to arrive, and don't know when it will be released.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoSheem
    JoSheem Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you jacobs (@jacobs ?) for your quick and helpful reply. Let's hope the developers are as quick and helpful!

This discussion has been closed.