"Seamless" experience??

Options
CWILL95
CWILL95 Member ✭✭

I'm just curious - are there people out there who have multiple checking/credit card accounts that they reconcile in Quicken that actually has a "seamless" experience?? I feel like I am constantly banging my head against a wall and there's no stopping it. Every time there's an update, I think "maybe this one will fix the bugs,?" but it NEVER does. It's just a recurring game of whack-a-mole.

For instance - I have 5 credit cards and 3 bank accounts I reconcile. It's been about a month since I updated. Of the 8 accounts, 2 of them only downloaded 1 weeks' worth of transactions (leaving 3 weeks' worth out), one account just "left out" a transaction which took me 15 minutes to find, and another one account just randomly changed the "opening balance" to a random number for no apparent reason at all, because it STILL didn't reconcile with the bank balance. All the other account balances match the online balances.

These types of things are UNBELIEVABLY common occurrences with me, and are seemingly random - meaning, it's not the same thing with the same acount, every time. It's the things listed above, plus some other "glitches," over and over, and evenly spread out across accounts. It's a rare occurance for me to get a "clean" update where all of my online account balances actually match with my Quicken balances.

Is this just me, or do others experience some of the same problems???

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What financial institutions are you experiencing this with? What's the download method for each of those?

And for the cards, what bank issued them? For example, my American Airlines credit card is issued by Barclay Bank US …. NOT the airline.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• CWILL95
    CWILL95 Member ✭✭
    Options

As I stated - there is NOTHING consistent about what happens (ie, same problem with the same bank account). It happens to them all, sometimes it happens to NONE, and sometimes it's just one or two. Everything is set up on "express web connect."

One account will glitch, but then next time, it will work fine, and something pops up on ANOTHER account. It's maddening. I spend SO MUCH time resetting, deactivating/reactivating accounts, downloading .qxf files to fill in gaps (when available) and manually inputting transactions (when it's not). My FAVORITE is when it will arbitrarily delete or repeat a single or sometimes SEVERAL transactions from MONTHS ago… This little "gift" happens two or 3 times a year! I now have a "system" set up where I keep an excel log of all my transactions, and when it does this, I will copy/paste from Quicken into Excel, line up the transactions, set up a column in between the two data sets that reads the "differences" of the sums, and then find where exactly the balance gets off. And again, it's completely random. It might double an Amazon charge for $5, or delete an Exxon gas station charge for $72. No rhyme/reason.

• CWILL95
    CWILL95 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've spent many hours on the phone with quicken when I DO have a repeatable problem with a particular bank, and we will usually get it resolved, but then a few weeks later, SOMETHING ELSE happens. The problem is, MOST of my issues are not repeatable, and the customer service guys just assume I'm doing something wrong. And of course, they ALWAYS have the "out" to blame the financial institution. That can't ALWAYS be the answer…

This discussion has been closed.