Can't remove security from portfolio

Options
Ed Stoiber
Ed Stoiber Member ✭✭
edited April 19 in Investing (Windows)

I have a portfolio showing a security that I no longer own, It has zero shares and zero $ balance. I cant remove it from the portfolio. If I go to the secuirty list and attempt to check the hide box it does remove it however I still own the secuirty in an IRA account, but it also hides it from the securities I hold in the IRA account.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you mark a security as "hidden", it hides it from all accounts in your data file.

I assume you are looking at a Portfolio view …
    If a security still appears in the Portfolio view, despite you having sold all shares, check the Options button and remove the checkmark from "Show closed lots".
    Together with removing the "hide" mark from the security, this should drop the security's 0 shares row from the regular account, yet continue to show it in the IRA.

If that does not help solve your problem, please show us the view or report in question so we can see what you are seeing.
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you mark a security as "hidden", it hides it from all accounts in your data file.

I assume you are looking at a Portfolio view …
    If a security still appears in the Portfolio view, despite you having sold all shares, check the Options button and remove the checkmark from "Show closed lots".
    Together with removing the "hide" mark from the security, this should drop the security's 0 shares row from the regular account, yet continue to show it in the IRA.

If that does not help solve your problem, please show us the view or report in question so we can see what you are seeing.
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I assume you are saying you no longer own shares in the real world and your Quicken file also shows zero shares owned several places.

I would begin by taking the As of date for the portfolio view back in time to your last sale. Is the share count properly shown before and after that last sale?

For that last sale transaction, does it help to check the Sell all shares selection? There may be some small fractional share hidden away.

Within the account transaction list, I would Ctrl-Z to recalculate the transactions and might clear the problem.

Has there ever been a Short position (intentional or not) in the security? If so, was that position properly covered?

• Ed Stoiber
    Ed Stoiber Member ✭✭
    Options

UKR,

That did it !!!!!

Thank You

This discussion has been closed.