How do I setup an auto backup?

Options

I just switched from Mac to Windows and am relearning everything. How do I setup an auto backup so Quicken will backup upon exiting? I like 'set it and forget it' operations.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit > Preferences > Backup: Here you can set your Automatic and Manual backup preferences. For Automatic:

• Check the box
    • Click on "Change" to see where the backups will be saved by default or to change where you want them to be saved
    • Enter how frequently you want backups to be automatically generated and saved (I set mine to save after every 1 run)
    • Enter the maximum number of backups to be saved (I recommend saving enough backups to cover at least the last 30 days so if you run Quicken once every day then set it at ~30)
    • When done, click on OK

I don't usually do Manual backups unless there is a special circumstance but if you want you can set up your Manual backup reminder preference here, too.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit > Preferences > Backup: Here you can set your Automatic and Manual backup preferences. For Automatic:

• Check the box
    • Click on "Change" to see where the backups will be saved by default or to change where you want them to be saved
    • Enter how frequently you want backups to be automatically generated and saved (I set mine to save after every 1 run)
    • Enter the maximum number of backups to be saved (I recommend saving enough backups to cover at least the last 30 days so if you run Quicken once every day then set it at ~30)
    • When done, click on OK

I don't usually do Manual backups unless there is a special circumstance but if you want you can set up your Manual backup reminder preference here, too.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Tony Robinson
    Tony Robinson Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, did as you suggested; seemed easy enough. I'll let you know if it doesn't work.

This discussion has been closed.