qfx no longer working

Options
andyclark
andyclark Member
edited April 23 in Investing (Windows)

I tried loading a qfx bank, which has moved to a new system and it sent almost 1900 transactions, most of which Quicken marked as new. I deleted everything from the download (painful) and reimported using a filter to keep the import size under control. Now quicken is not recognizing the qfx at all. Whether I double click the file or use file import, no transactions come in. What's wrong?

Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken isn't recognizing them because it sees them the second time as a duplicate of a transaction that it has already seen (the 1800) and it has. The originals were the ones you deleted.

One way around that is to download into a new temporary account, accept the ones you need and then move them to the original account. When you are done with that, delete the temporary account. The next time you do the QFX download, Quicken will recognize any dups and not show them and only present the new transactions.

If you have a recent backup, you could restore it and you will find that you second downloaded QFX file should be imported and displayed in the downloaded transaction area.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.