Will Quicken do job costing, payroll and accounting for a construction/manufacturing company

Options

I had used Quickbooks Premier Contractor Edition, and coming back into working I learned that program no longer exists. I am looking for a program that can do job costing, payroll and accounting for a manufacturing / construction business.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken is a personal financial planning and reporting program, not a true accounting program. Quicken Business & Personal can do some business things for people who have a few house rentals and such but it is not a suitable program for a business such as what you are describing. It sounds like you need a business accounting program similar to QuickBooks.

You could buy Quicken Business & Personal and try it out for 30 days. If within 30 days you decide that it is not what you want/need, you can get a no questions asked full refund.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken is a personal financial planning and reporting program, not a true accounting program. Quicken Business & Personal can do some business things for people who have a few house rentals and such but it is not a suitable program for a business such as what you are describing. It sounds like you need a business accounting program similar to QuickBooks.

You could buy Quicken Business & Personal and try it out for 30 days. If within 30 days you decide that it is not what you want/need, you can get a no questions asked full refund.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken is a personal finance program - banking, spending, budget, investing, etc -

It really doesn't have support for the industry specific items you are needing -  job costing, payroll and accounting

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.