Paychecks in "Bill & Income Reminders" don't move to next scheduled date after entering in register

Options

I used to hear 2 cash register sfx after clicking "Enter" on a paycheck "Bill & Income Reminder". Now, only hearing one and the reminder stays in place on the list. I have to click "skip" to get it to move to the next scheduled payment date.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Timothy Gardner,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide additional information. When did this issue first start? When you enter the paycheck reminder, is the transaction being entered into the register?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Timothy Gardner
    Timothy Gardner Member ✭✭
    Options

Running Quicken for Windows Version R55.15 Build 27.1.55.15 // Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3296

I'm estimating that I've experienced the described issue for 6 to 12 months.

Yes…when using the paycheck reminder, I click "enter", update paycheck information, press enter and the paycheck IS entered into the register. But the reminder for that date stays in place on "Bill and Income Reminders."

I just now tried (unsuccessfully) to screen record an upcoming May paycheck entry and, of course, it worked. So now add "intermittently" to to the ticket.

I will understand if you can't resolve this. :-) Happy to provide what other information you believe might help. I will add that this is a huge QDF file…195MB…if that helps. Been a dedicated user since 1995. Thank you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Intermittent issues are tricky to deal with since it's always uncertain if the troubleshooting fixed the issue or if it just decided not to act up for a while. That said, there are a couple things you can try.

If it is just one specific reminder acting up, make certain you backup your Quicken file first, then try deleting/recreating the reminder. When deleting paycheck reminders, some people have had an issue where deleting the reminder removes all past instances of it from their registers, so it is very important to have a good backup before trying this.

Another thing that can sometimes help with this kind of issue is validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.