credit account reconcile no longer creating payment screen (edited)

Options
dceevee
dceevee Member

I'm a 30 year Quicken user and I reconcile my accounts by hand, not automatically through bank links.

Two months ago the reconcile function for all my credit accounts stopped working as before—upon finishing the reconcile (when "done" is pressed after a 0 difference), the next screen (for payment) does not appear. This requires me to enter the payment by hand allowing the credit account to subtract the payment from a bank account I have listed. Credit card accounts cannot be reconciled without a payment entered upon completion.

I've spoken twice to customer support and neither of them knew about this function in the software. The second support person had me reload the software (suspecting a corrupt file) but there was no change. It seems as though the manual that these off-shore support people are using has no information about credit card reconciling and/or the recent software updates have dropped this vital function.

Is no one else having this issue or am I the only user who does their reconciling by hand?

Please advise.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried Edit > Preferences > Alerts & Messages > Reset Quicken Warnings > OK?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@dceevee to get that message to appear again, go to Edit→Preferences→Alerts & Messages, and click on "Reset Quicken Warnings". This resets all warning and messages, so you will need to resuppress those you don't want to see.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried Edit > Preferences > Alerts & Messages > Reset Quicken Warnings > OK?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• dceevee
    dceevee Member
    Options

Thanks.
    I sure wish the customer support folks had that info.
    It would have saved a lot of my time (and theirs!!)

This discussion has been closed.