Adding new account from copy of another account settings (edit)

Options
geo791
geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭

We have several CD accounts at our credit union. When one matures, I have to create a new account for a new CD. Then I have to select all of the columns like I want them and reposition all of the fields. It would be much easier if I was able to copy an existing account and then just change the information in the copy to the current CD information. Most of the information is the same so it would save me a lot of time trying to configure a new CD account.

Tagged:

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

Quicken doesn't have CD accounts, so I'll assume you're using accounts of type Savings.

You can make all the 1-line Savings registers all the same and/or all the 2-line Savings registers. See the Columns menu way at the bottom.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@geo791 Rather than creating a new account for each CD …. why don't you simply create an offline Investment type account, and record those CDs as investments, which they really are?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    Options

@NotACPA Thank you for the suggestion. I do not consider CDs as investments though. They generate interest at a fixed rate and most are one year or less, depending on the rate. Some of the CDs payout interest monthly and I use the one-step update to keep all of my accounts current and balanced. Also, creating them offline as investment accounts would not address the issue of having to enter all the similar information on the account.

• geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel Thank you for your suggestion. I had forgotten about using that feature. I use the two-line display but that has the same option. This will help…IF I can remember to use it. 😉

This discussion has been closed.