Chase card transaction debits being entered into Truist Checking as deposits

Options

For the past few weeks, when I update Quicken, my CHase Card debits/charges are entered into my Truist checking account as deposits. I can manually manipulate them and move but this is a pain.

Anyone with similar problem? Any fixes? Truist says they have no knowledge. Quicken says its a Truist problem. I think it's Quicken because AmEx did it a few times also, but that stopped. I have disconnected and reconnected all accounts twice and does not help.

Any answers?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you looked in Edit Account Details / Online Services tab if the Credit card account is correctly activated, pointing to your account at Chase? Ditto for the Truist Checking account pointing to Truist?
    If not, deactivate both account registers, then reactivate one at a time making sure you correctly LINK the account found at the bank to the correct Quicken account register.

If it's a problem with downloaded transactions being miscategorized as transfers between card and checking accounts when they should be categorized to some expense categories, check their related entries in the Memorized Payee List and correct the categories to what they should be.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If it's a problem with downloaded transactions being miscategorized as transfers between card and checking accounts when they should be
    categorized to some expense categories, check their related entries in the Memorized Payee List and correct the categories to what they should be.

Following up on this information, what is the category of the transactions in either account, preferable the Truist Checking account?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list