Ability to hide/show graph not available in Quicken for Mac

Options
Jeff Bater
Jeff Bater Member ✭✭

I would like to know if the ability to modify a graph and the ability to hide and show it when designing a report to be printed will be added to Quicken for Mac?

In Quicken for Windows, this is what is available:

Customize Reports or Graphs

1. Click Customize to modify the report or graph. Here you can make changes to several settings such as Accounts, Categories, Payees etc.
  2. To display the report, click Show Report or Show Graph.
    • The Show Graph button appears only when a graph option is available. Not all reports can be displayed as graphs.
  3. Click Save Report to save the report or graph. (Optional)

Please add this capability for Mac. I looked in vein for this so I could include the daily loss/gain graph that is displayed on the Investments portfolio tab, but not available to print.

Thank you,

Jeff

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

No, you can't currently create a graph from a report.

Yes, it has been requested for a long time.

And yay, the developers have marked it as "Planned", meaning it has been assigned time on the development calendar for implementation. But we have no clue when that might be. Nor what graphs will exist or how they will work.

Here's the existing Idea thread which the developers have marked as Planned. You might want to add a comment there about the type(s) of graphs you're hoping for, as the developer may review that thread during their design process.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993