401k is constantly doubling value by adding total investment value in cash

Options

Every time I online synch, my 401k (Fidelity) is adding a balance adjustment of cash in equal to the total value of the 401k, doubling the value. I have to go into All Transactions and delete the balance adjustment to have the correct value. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is your Fidelity NetBenefits account set to Simple investing mode, where you see a large dashboard with 4 panels rather than the list of transactions when you view the account?

If so, that is a longstanding bug. The only workaround I know of is to click on the gear at the top right of the account, select Edit Account Details, and set the account to Complete mode.

Also if this is the Simple mode bug, I suggest you contact Quicken Support, because all the other reports of this problem appear to have been closed.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Dustin Wengert
    Dustin Wengert Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, it was set to simple mode. I changed to complete, and updated, and it didn't do it. Thank you!

• Ewald
    Ewald Member
    Options

Thanks Jim for providing the suggestion. I had reached out to support earlier and they were not aware of this long standing bug.

When I switched into the Complete mode, I had to scroll all the way to the top to see an Initial Cash Balance added, that was probably causing the issue. I remove the transaction manually, and now the issue is solved.

• !henrisahut
    !henrisahut Member ✭✭
    Options

IT does not work to set the balance or precent vested to Zero. The download still doubles. I switched from Complete tracking because I was tired of having to account for unidentified transactions with every download.