Any Way To Not Auto Assign Categories to Unmatched Transactions? (Q Mac)

Options
Frank DeMello
Frank DeMello Member ✭✭✭

Hello - new MAC user (running dual Mac/Win evaluating before I move to Mac)

One thing causing me an issue is Quicken auto assigning categories to transactions I have not manually entered (and would prefer it not do that so I can set it correctly)

Any way to assign some generic category to any unmatched transactions - preferably by account (IE Not Categorized)

Or some way to review any transactions auto assigned categories?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Frank DeMello,

You can try disabling the feature by following the steps below.

1. Go to Quicken
    2. Preferences...
    3. Connected Services
    4. Uncheck the box for Automatically improve the quality of downloaded payee names and categories

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In addition to Anja's suggestion, I'd suggest making sure the Status column is turned on in your registers. It is the column with the black dot at the top. In this column, you will see a blue dot for any transactions that downloaded without being matched to a manually entered transaction. This will allow you to quickly identify those transactions, which are likely to have had category assigned. After you've reviewed the transaction, click the blue dot and mark the transaction Reviewed to remove the blue dot.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Frank DeMello
    Frank DeMello Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks guys.

I do have the status column on but didn't understand how it worked. This should do it. Makes sense to me. Thank you!

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You're welcome. One other tip: you can set the Status file to Not Reviewed to show only non-reviewed transactions, further cutting down on the number of transactions you need to look at.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.