Navy Federal Synch error (QWIN)

Options

received following error trying to synch with Navy Federal after prompt for new security protocol. Appears NFCU not ready on their side yet? Error appeared after I logged into my account and selected which accounts I want to sync

{
"timestamp": "2024-03-29T10:56:54.563-04:00",
"status": 500,
"error": "Internal Server Error",
"path": "/aggregator-authv2/apiConnect"
}

Comments

• philliesphan0880
    philliesphan0880 Member ✭✭
    Options

Oddly I do receive this email from NFCU saying it was successful

Good News!

You've successfully linked your Navy Federal account(s) to the requested third-party service.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29
    Options

I just had the same happen to me. The connection method did not change within Quicken to Express Connect + so I assume there is a glitch in communication back through intuit. I'm guessing it would be better to wait for this reauthorization process to complete correctly before trying another update. I just added some new accounts with NFCU so I'm hoping that is not contributing to the update problem.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• John Peterson
    John Peterson Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Are they working to fix it yet?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are all of you seeing the same issue (the 500 error)? Is this happening on Navy Federal Credit Union's website, after you authorized, but before you're getting sent back to Quicken? Are you seeing any error messages/codes on the Quicken side?

I look forward to your responses!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29
    Options

Yes it is the 500 error and I am not returned to Quicken. The listed web site is on NFCU with this error. When I close this window, Quicken appears to continue waiting and when I click close, the update process ends. The accounts do not convert to Express Web Connect+.

Quicken user since 1995

• catravis
    catravis Member ✭✭
    Options

I just realized this is Windows thread, apologies. But can at least confirm the error regardless of platform!

• Alan Trulock
    Alan Trulock Member
    Options

Before being sent back to Quicken. Signing on directly works fine. Not platform dependant; happens with windows and Mac. Able to use old authentication method.

• rluxeder
    rluxeder Member
    Options

same error

{
    "timestamp": "2024-03-30T07:24:12.912-04:00",
    }

• chrismay8411
    chrismay8411 Member
    Options

I have the same error on the NFCU page, get the same e-mail saying the connection was successful. If I don't cancel the process in Quicken, it eventually returns a timeout

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

As suggested in a related post, a work around is to change default browsers. I changed from Chrome to Edge and the reauthorization process returned to Quicken and converted all my NFCU accounts to Express Web Connect+

Quicken user since 1995

• terpsucka2
    terpsucka2 Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

I had the same issue, and did the "switch to Edge" trick and it worked for me. Thanks to all.

ETA: Don't forget to switch your default browser back. Wouldn't want to be stuck with Edge all the time!

• ZZR-1200
    ZZR-1200 Member
    Options

I am already using Edge as the default browser so I switched to Chrome and it was successful. Since it doesn't seem to matter which browser is being set as default but rather than you change it, my guess is it is some sort of cache issue with the default browser.

Change the default to a new browser, perform the authorization and you can then change the default browser back to whatever you normally use.

• DoubleEagle
    DoubleEagle Member ✭✭
    Options

I had this exact same problem a year ago, and switching default from Edge to Chrome worked… weird!

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• !henrisahut
    !henrisahut Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same message which occurs after walk though the process step when quicken logs me into the NFCU Bank to a page that states Submit. When you press Submit I receive the following error message in edges web browser.

{
    "timestamp": "2024-03-30T20:13:22.497-04:00",

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When attempting to reauthorize, I receive an error message from NFCU.

I informed NFCU in the following message:

In attempting to reauthorize Quicken, I received an error message from NFCU:
    {
    "timestamp": "2024-03-31T09:19:01.291-04:00",
    }

I also received a message on 3/30/2025 stating Your Accounts Are Now Linked

This information is not being passed apparently, to Quicken because the Program continues to ask to reauthorize.

• JABenedict2
    JABenedict2 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am getting the same error on my Windows 11 machine in Chrome; Edge would not allow me to use my special characters for my password.

{
      "timestamp" : "2024-03-31T10:45:23.794-04:00",
      "status" : 500,
      "error" : "Internal Server Error",
      "path" : "/aggregator-authv2/apiConnect"
    }

• John Peterson
    John Peterson Member
    Options

I was having the exact same issue. Following the advice from another thread, I changed my default browser from CHROME to EDGE and it worked like a charm.

• skyflash1
    skyflash1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Sadly, that worked. Why can't it work with Chrome? Why can't Quicken let us know it doesn't work with Chrome?

• Rich
    Rich Member ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

UPDATE: I switched my default browser to Microsoft Edge and that fixed the problem.

I'm having the exact same problem with Navy Federal

"timestamp" : "2024-04-01T06:54:13.227-04:00",
      "status" : 500,
      "error" : "Internal Server Error",
      "path" : "/aggregator-authv2/apiConnect"

• Jim Van Leeuwen
    Jim Van Leeuwen Member ✭✭
    Options

Switching the default browser from Chrome to Edge resolved the issue for me as well when I got my accounts linked this past Friday evening.

Jim

--
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription

• aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried this morning to reauthorize my NFCU accounts using EDGE, but I get the same error message in the browser.
    I also get an alert text from NFCU: "Your NFCU account has been linked to the requested third-party service."
    Unfortunately, Quicken just keeps spinning for several minutes then Quicken tells me the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Which is what the browser message indicates.

Where do we go from here to get changed over to the new connection method?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I switched NFCU over to Express Web Connect+ (EWC+) with no problems (in R54.16 and R55.15).

I always take this approach:
    - Deactivate all accounts that will be switched
    - Initiate the Quicken "Add Account" process
    - "Continue" when told "We need your consent ...."
    - Click "Sign In" and supply User-ID/Password
    - "Authorize" (or "Grant Access") to the appropriate account(s)
    - At this point, I just click Quicken in my Taskbar since I'm usually not automatically returned to Quicken
    - Carefully insure the "found" Financial Institution accounts are Linked to the correct Quicken accounts

{Don't be surprised to find download duplicate transactions at the conclusion of the Add Account process.]

I have yet to have a problem with this approach, which I've used for multiple switches to EWC+ (including American Express, BofA, Chase, and Schwab).

[I have never used any browser but Chrome.]

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• dianemel
    dianemel Member
    Options

I am receiving the same error

timestamp

2024-04-01T11:50:38.866-04:00

status

error

Internal Server Error

path

/aggregator-authv2/apiConnect

• catravis
    catravis Member ✭✭
    Options

Although I am on a Mac, I can confirm that switching default browsers (in my case, from Safari to Chrome) worked.

• sbogey
    sbogey Member
    Options

I am still receiving the same errors as above. Have tried chrome and edge to no avail. This has been going on with any new added NFCU accounts for the 7 two years. Nice try at a fix NFCU/Quicken, but still broke on my end

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We do now have an active alert regarding users receiving errors HTTPS 500 & 400 when attempting to reauthorize. You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it to remain up to date on any further information.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am using Edge and the issue was as I originally posted. This morning everything worked, with the notable exception that no transactions downloaded. I was able to manually download the three outstanding transactions and reconcile. I have reported this to NFCU as well.

JD

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

NFCU responded to my query about not downloading transactions: "Thank you for using Navy Federal's eMessaging Service, Commander Drake. We have confirmed that you have a successful connection, and can only recommend to contact Quicken for further assistance. The number to where can be reached is 1-800-446-8848. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know."