Being repeatedly requested to re-authorize for a closed Chase account

Options
gbronc
gbronc Member ✭✭✭

With the latest Quicken update, I'm now being repeatedly requested to re-authorize a Direct download, closed and de-activated Savings account from Chase. I don't want to delete the account, but I have no other way to avoid this new authorization request. It either needs to be fixed or you give me a way to go to the Closed account and remove the Direct download option.

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I understand you correctly, the Savings account has been closed at the bank.

What's its status in Quicken?
    Have you marked the account as closed? If so, when did you do this?
    A few years ago, marking an account as closed in Quicken did not properly remove the flags in the account which indicated the account's activation status. Some more recent program change in Quicken seems to trip over this condition …

Please take a look at this discussion. It appears to have been the same problem. Consider which solution works for you to work around this problem.

• gbronc
    gbronc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The account was closed many years ago. It's status in Quicken is "Closed". The flags still show Direct Connect, though. Thanks for that link. Situation looks identical to mine, so it looks like I'll have to go through those steps to get this resolved. It's not many transactions. Ridiculous that this just suddenly appeared and they've done nothing to resolve it and force users to rely on this weird workaround.

• gbronc
    gbronc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did the "Create Manual account and copy" solution to overcome this. Not ideal, but got past it.

This discussion has been closed.