Invoicing for Mac Quicken

Options

I've been using Quicken for Windows for 30 years. Recently switched to a MacBook and thus switched to Mac version of Quicken. Everything transferred over perfectly, except invoicing. Apparently this is not available in the Mac version. Anyone know when this will be available? Hopefully future update?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

We know they're planning on adding invoicing, but we don't know when. They started adding Business features to Quicken Mac last fall, so I would expect invoicing sometime this year but they never announce in advance when features will be released.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• lh6799@icloud.com
    Options

I just switched yesterday to Quicken Business for Mac and no where that I could find that it says that invoicing is not available for Mac users. It was a waste of my time and money to switch without the features to run a business.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Most products, Quicken included, don't provide a list of features they don't include. 😂 But I understand your frustration.

For what it's worth, on the product page for Quicken Classic Business & Personal, it shows the for invoicing:

See the little asterisk at the end? Well, if you scroll down…. way, way down, you'll see where it says:

The Business & Personal product for Quicken Mac is new, and is still a 1.0 product. The developers have stated that invoicing is definitely coming to Quicken Mac, but we don't know how soon that will be.

It was a waste of my time and money to switch without the features to run a business.

Since you just switched yesterday, you can contact Quicken Support for a refund of what you paid. If you did any setup of business entities or categories in Quicken Mac, they'll remain in your database even if you revert to Deluxe for the time being; if you later re-upgrade to Business & Personal once it has the features you need, any of the set-up work you started will still be in your file.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bobcatmike88
    bobcatmike88 Member
    Options

I "switched" from Windows version so no need for refund. Been using Quicen for Windows since 1996. I'm using Quicken on my old PC laptop; I was just hoping to switch it over to my everyday MacBook.

• Richard.Marshall
    Richard.Marshall Member
    edited April 25
    Options

Please make this a priority. [Removed - Rant]

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Please make this a priority.

@Richard.Marshall I didn't see you post before it was redacted, but I just wanted to note that the developers have promised that this was always in their plans, and that it is definitely coming. A while back, they reached out to the user community to talk with people who need invoicing in order to try to insure that what they design and code aligns with what users are expecting/needing. It's a fairly complex addition to the program, so it's not surprising that it's taking a while for the design/build process.

I have no inside knowledge about this, but I'd expect to see invoicing, or at least a first iteration of invoicing functionality, sometime later this year.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993