Robinhood cash balance and IRA accounts

Options

Robinhood IRA accounts and the cash balance do not appear to download to Quicken. Only stocks that I own do. Suggestions?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Robinhood uses the EWC+ connection method for downloading investments data. Many brokerages that use this method download investments only in the Simple - Positions Only mode (commonly referred to as Simple Investing). Simple Investing will show security holdings and cash along with total account value but there will be no transactions details visible.

Are you seeing something like what is shown in the following picture? If so, this is what Simple Investing looks like. Depending on the amount of cash in your holdings, it should show up at the bottom of the TOTAL VALUE card and it might or might not be listed in the Portfolio by Security card. See the notes I made in this picture regarding Cash in these 2 cards.

If this is what you are seeing, you can check to see if you have Complete Investing as an option. Go to Account Simple Investing view > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > General tab: Is the Complete - Positions and Transactions (commonly referred to as Complete Investing) option available? If so, you can click on that which will change the view to show the Account Register view.

If you do not have the option to select Complete Investing, then you will not be able to change from Simple Investing because it means that Robinhood does not support that option.

Did I understand your situation correctly and did this answer your question?

If not, please provide more details about what you are seeing and what the issue is. A picture can be worth a thousand words. If you do a print screen or screen capture and save it as a picture file, you can click and drag that file to your reply. If you do this, you might want to first edit the picture to remove any confidential information.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.