Tag field is missing from all reports

Options
Geo H
Geo H Member ✭✭
edited April 30 in Reports (Mac)

The TAG field is missing from all monthly reports I use. I recently upgraded to the latest MAC version. I know how to add the field back but why did it disappear from the report listing?

I use the field as part of my Selection criteria, the report is running but it does not appear on the report itself. This just happened

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Unless it's a report by Tag (e.g. Tags are the rows), Tags are not automatically shown as a column in reports.

Are you saying that you had saved reports with Tags as a column, and the column disappeared from your saved reports? I don't think I've seen any reports of reports spontaneously changing following an update.

Since adding a column to a report takes only a few seconds, unless you have a huge number of reports, it probably won't take you long to just open your reports, add the tag column, and re-save them.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I don't know why the Tag column would disappear from a bunch of saved reports and I haven't seen this reported before. Hopefully it's a one time glitch. Since you know how to add the column back, you can do that (again, hopefully) it does not happen again. Post back if it does happen again.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Geo H
    Geo H Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you both. I did some further comparison after my initial report and found there were 2 other fields on all four reports that were dropped also. Check Nbr and Memo were the other fields.

Jacobs: The reports are by Account not Tag and yes they were all saved reports.

My concern is I'm about to file taxes and I have many reports I use year after year, for detail backup and that they may be missing fields also.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 31
    Options

While I'm not a heavy user of the Tags field, I do use the Memo field all the time. In the few transaction reports I have saved with the Memo field, I just checked and the Memo field is still intact. So all I can tell you is that I haven't seen this in my own use, nor have I seen other users posting about what you're describing.

One quick check: are your reports by any chance built on the old and problematic "Category Summary" report? (You can tell if the icon next to each of your saved reports in there "My Reports" section is a gray rectangle, or if the top, right side of the report has an "Update view to show me" dropdown menu.)

If so, I haven't heard of this specific problem with that old report, but I know of other problems, and I'd encourage you to re-create your reports based on the modern reports engine's Summary and Transaction reports.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.