"Save As"

Options
Ken429
Ken429 Member ✭✭

I'm running the latest version of Quicken and finally decided it was time to create a new file name for my stuff since I'm still using a file name of 2022_1! Anyway, the Save As command under the File Menu (no longer) does not exist. I thought it was there in previous versions of Quicken?

What am I missing, all I want to do is create a file with all my current data and call it 2024_1?

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Ken429 - If you simply want to make a copy of your file, you can use Windows File Explorer. In File Explorer, open your Quicken folder in the documents folder. There are several ways to make a copy of a file, but I find using the keyboard commands easiest. Highlight your current data file and do [Ctrl-C], and then do a [Ctrl-V]. A copy will be made with "Copy" attached to the end of the file name. Then, just rename the file copy to what you want.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So you're not creating a "new file", you're simply renaming if from "2022_1" to "2024_1?" You can easily do that with File Explorer.

As far as saving a copy of the 2022_1 file for posterity, you can simply make a backup of that file and put it somewhere else on your hard drive, a different hard drive, a thumb drive, or somewhere else. Then use File Explorer to change the name of the file from 2022_1 to 2024_1.

This discussion has been closed.