Junk characters in Check # list entry

Options
Jakery
Jakery Member

Since I upgraded to Quicken Classic Deluxe in January 2024, I am getting 4 junk characters (letters with accents) at the end of one of my List entries eDep in the Check # column of my account register, This does NOT occur when I manually enter a transaction so, I think it is either coming in when I use a Bill & Income entry or from the download from my bank. Has anyone else encountered this? I'm wondering if there is any way I can correct this?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why can't you just overwrite, or delete, them. And, really, what does it matter?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 31
    Options

@Jakery - these 4 junk characters show up under these conditions -

• You sync your accounts to Mobile or Web
    • The check # item is a custom item added to the list.
    • The transaction is a deposit or an addition to the account.

These junk characters have been showing up for years, ever since Mobile & Web was rolled out. There have been many posts and comments about these junk characters, but no one yet has been able to determine why they show up.

The only way I know of to get rid of them permanently is to shut off Synching at the account level. Otherwise, you can try to get rid of them, but they always reappear once a sync is done.

If you view your accounts on Mobile or Web and need to Sync, you will just have to live with these junk characters and ignore them, until a fix is found.

• Jakery
    Jakery Member
    Options

Thank you both for your replies.