Fix the annoying display issue in 'Specify Lots' window, please!

Options
veegee
veegee Member ✭✭
edited April 21 in Investing (Windows)

Whenever I edit a "stock sell" transaction and go to 'Specify Lots', it shows a new window with the lots displayed as shown in the image below. Note that the last column - Gain/Loss is ONLY PARTIALLY DISPLAYED. This problem has been going on for many months now. It is there in 1080p and 4K displays and may be affected by the size of the parent window. It is driving me crazy. Can you please fix this? I tried posting this under 'Support', but I see only search ability there; don't see a way to post a new question there.

[Problem exists on Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows., on multiple computers, on multiple display types, and on Windows 10 and 11, Small fonts and Large fonts within Quicken]. Something is wrong with the column size calculation in Quicken.

I have reported this issue via 'Report a problem' in Quicken before but nothing happened.

(Column sizing within windows is messed up like this in more than one place within Quicken. Sometimes the "Enter | Edit | Delete" buttons also get hidden partially. Which makes me feel so often that the developers themselves must never be using their own product.)

Comments

• veegee
    veegee Member ✭✭
    Options

After much more experimentation, it looks like the problem is related to a) Large Fonts and b) closing and re-opening quicken.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Disable Large Fonts (use small fonts). Close and re-open Quicken. Edit at a 'stock sell transaction' and verify that the problem is NOT there.
    2. Enable Large Fonts. Edit the stock transaction again. The problem should still be NOT there. BUT SEE NEXT STEP BELOW.
    3. Close and re-open Quicken. Edit the stock transaction again. THIS TIME THE PROBLEM SHOULD SHOW.
    4. After this the problem will continue to persist till one switches back to small fonts followed by a closing and reopening of Quicken.

A Side note: I also notice that with large fonts, the 'ATTACH' button disappears in the 'Enter Edit Delete Attach' button set.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @veegee,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this. Since this issue seems to be a bug rather than a request for a new feature or improvement to an existing feature, I changed the thread to a discussion.

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. I can see that you already sent a problem report, but to contribute to the investigation, could you please do it again with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file?

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• veegee
    veegee Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Christina. Yes, it is a bug. Thank you for forwarding. I have reported it again as a bug. (Log files should be unnecessary in this particular case, since it is purely a display issue not related to any data and anyone should be able to recreate the problem using the 'Steps To Reproduce' I listed above). I have reported the problem twice, I do not know how to have others also report it. A user needs to use the 'Larger Fonts' option plus have investment transactions to see this issue.

Thanks for your response.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@veegee I agree you should not have to include log files with this report but you may find that no one will look at it unless the logs are included.

QWin Premier subscription
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 23
    Options

I agree that this an long time unfixed BUG.

I use it a lot and find it VERY annoying.

I do NOT use large fonts and the rest of the program dialogs display correctly for me.

I suspect that the Lots screen isn't used as much as other areas of the program so bug not reported on as much.

I have reported this in several versions too and will report is again.

• veegee
    veegee Member ✭✭
    Options

@miklk Great, thanks.

• veegee
    veegee Member ✭✭
    Options

Jim_Harman, OK, I will report it a third time, with log files.

Anyone else experiencing this problem, please report it….

• veegee
    veegee Member ✭✭
    Options

I left another problem report, with log files attached (even tho' they should be unnecessary). Also, a picture showing the problem was attached.

Title: Obscured text in Edit/Specify Lots pop-up window for stock transaction

Description:

(PICTURE ATTACHED) When a user accepts a 'closing' stock transaction (such as sale of a stock) in Quicken, Quicken pops up a window where one needs to additionally click on 'Specify Lots'. This opens up a second pop-up window that shows Gain/Loss in the right-most column. PROBLEM: The text in this column is partially hidden and one cannot read the numbers. See attcahed picture. For me, the problem happens only if Quicken is exited with 'Large Fonts' enabled, and then subsequently re-opened. VERY EASY STEPS TO PREPRODUCE THE PROBLEM: 1) In Quicken, enable Large Fonts. 2) Close Quicken. 3) Re-Open Quicken. 4) Go to a closing stock transaction (such as a Sell), click Edit, then click 'Specify Lots'. Problem appears in the last pop-up window as shown in the picture.