Added Dividend Support

Options
dmt9054
dmt9054 Member ✭✭

Would very much like to see both the 5 year dividend growth rate and Dividend Payout ratio added as Investment filed options in the product. Both are very important to Dividend Investors. Thanks!

Tagged:
3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

5yr growth rate: Can't you simply look at what was paid 5 yrs ago and compare manually?

Dividend Payout Ratio: Annualized dividend compared to what? Current quote (which would be constantly changing) or Gross Income or Net income … again, constantly changing.

Can't support this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe the OP is asking for a downloaded data point identifying how the dividends paid have grown over the past five years. That data point would be independent of the user’s actual ownership and transaction entries.

From Investopedia:

The dividend payout ratio is the proportion of earnings paid out as dividends to shareholders, typically expressed as a percentage. 

Some companies pay out all their earnings to shareholders, while some only pay out a portion of their earnings.

Data like this typically costs money. I would not choose to pay more to Quicken to get this type of data supplied. I have no information as to how many “dividend investors” are out there as compared to growth, value, or other types of investors. As such, I cannot know how valued that info might be.